Just Tried a Blend - Extract Recipes for Black-n-Tan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franiblector

Reaction score
i just tried a black eye ale (blend) of mendocino brewery's blend of their black hawk stout and their eye of the hawk select ale. some brewery in upstate new york ("new yok"...lol).
anyone heard of them?
anyways, it seems to be a tame version of a black & tan or half-n-half. pert-y-farkin-damn-gewd.
anyone know of an extract recipe to produce a blend in one batch? or would that have to be two batches and then secondaried together?
just curious and not in a hurry.... :)
;)

Mendocino Brewing Company is in Mendocino County, California...not New York. They're a couple hours from here. I don't think they're world class, but they were one of the earlier microbreweries in the country (1982).

Black and Tans are blended, finished beers. I never blend beer, personally, so I don't know how you'd make one, but I do think you'd make 2 batches and blend them upon serving.

You know, they got bought out by a big brewing corporation...maybe they opened a brewery in New York. It's entirely possible.

They started as a little BrewPub in Hopland, California. Then they built a BIG brewery in Ukiah California when they got bought out. Maybe they've expanded further.

yup, label says saratoga springs, ny, mendocino brewing company.

back to my question....it's bottled as a blend. when do you think they blend it? just after secondary at bottling, or before?

Back