What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy, that has to be the saddest signature I have seen. Empty bottles, primary and secondary... Ugh, get some beer going, my man! :tank:

Planned, but implementation had to be put off for my wife's grandmother's funeral yesterday. Two-and-a-half gallons of Pumpkin Ale on deck, probably another 5-gallon Miller Lite clone afterwards.

10 gal of ESB.
WLP002 started vigorously, I pitched @63F and let it rise to 68F, after 24 hours it is almost half way to FG and I dropped temperature back to 63F.

10 Gallons of my House Pale Ale
10 Gallons of Milk Stout of which 5 will become Milk Chocolate Stout with 4oz of Cacao Nibs going in once primary is nearly complete.

6 gallons Xmas is Cancelled Winter Ale
6 gallons hard cider that will become applejack
13 gallons hard cider- to keg
5 gallons hard cider on stout yeast cake with vanill, cinnamon, and brown sugar
5 gallons IPA

Lagering: 5 gallons of PM Revvy's Vienna Lager
Cooling for lagering: 5 gallons of Der Frobinator (doppelbock)
Hangin' around in a growler: 1/2 gal of 1.061 leftover doppelbock wort beer
Cooling before diluting and pitching: 3.4 gallons of Meinbock (trad. bock)
Crashing in the lager fridge: 7 liters of WLP833 starter, split in 2 1-gal jugs (for the Meinbock)
Forgotten in the closet: 5.5 gallons of dry mead, split between a 5 gal BB and a 1/2 gal jug for topping up.

The bock is currently sitting at 1.104, waiting for dilution. It's kind of tempting to skip the dilution and go huge..... But I don't think that'll happen. This is by far the most fermentation that has ever been happening in the house. It's kind of scary. Between the lagers and the mead, though, it's going to be quiet on the brewing front for a while.

5 gal of quad from a High Gravity Brewing extract recipe, using WLP530. It's been in for 2 weeks and if it hasn't hit FG yet, it is close. Going to leave it in for at least a week longer but gravity stability is the deciding factor. I started it at 66F and ramped it up to 72F over a few days, based on advice I got about that strain of yeast.

fermenting:
5gal Belma/Williamette Special Bitter

conditioning:
5gal Patersbier I
5gal Tart Cherry Farmhouse Braggot
5gal Apfelwine
2.5gal Brett BGS (hopefully not infected!)

kegged & carbing:
5gal Citrus Saison

2.5 gallons of apfelwein destined to be spiced that is currently making my entire house smell absolutely horrendous, much to the ire of all around (this is the first stinky fermentation they've had to endure :D).

Just did up an DIPA PM. I'm out of everything except yeast now and waiting on a delivery Thurs.

The Delta faucet in the brew kitchen bit the dust during cooling but worked it out. Had enough flow to cool the wort even if water was flying everywhere. Priorities, man, always priorities. Repairs on that tomorrow. During clean up I grabbed a 6 gallon glass carboy full of cleanser and tore the top off it and blew out the sides. Bleach went all over so at least everything is sanitized.

I've been on a brew kick. Four brews in four weeks. That is a lot for me. From oldest to youngest --

Saaz ESB (wyeast 1028)
Baltic porter (WLP810)
Classic rauchbier (WLP830)
Dussel altbier (wyeast 1028...very cold)

Also --
Cider with s-04. Still going after 8 weeks. WTF?

I've got a Blonde Ale bubbling away and will be brewing up a Prohibition Beer for Inauguration Day. I am off until next year year, so I might get on a brew kick.

Will be trying my hand at a lager here shortly. Have the Prohibition Lager, White House Honey Ale and some more Pumpkin Ale to brew.

Right now I have bottled

Christmas Ale
Blue Moon Clone
Pumpkin Ale
Trappist Ale, finally mellowed out after 2 months bottled
And finishing up Honey Wheat Ale

Split 11 gallons of APA - half with US-05 and half with Denny's Favorite 50.

Also 6 gallons of Foreign Extra Stout that is about a month in. Thinking about adding some Maker's Mark barrel staves to age a bit........

FINALLY got my Pumpkin Ale going tonight :ban:

After this, come tax time in January, I'll probably brew either a bourbon barrell, my Miller Lite clone, and/or foray into Lagers...:tank:

All I have going right now is a 1.5 gallon batch of all simcoe IPA. Too much going on this time of year. Maybe over the 4 day weekend next week I can squeeze in something. If not I'll definitely get something brewing on the last weekend of the year. All of this assuming the world don't end this friday, of coarse.

Back