Dual body regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Should i buy a dual body regulator or buy one of those aluminum deals that just gives you two outputs for one CO2 guage?

Depends--- what are you trying to accomplish?

If you ever have beverages on tap that need different pressures you will need a dual regulator.

If you never think that will ever happen, then just get a manifold.

I suggest dual regulators, personally. More options.

Yep-- more options. Sometimes when I'm low on beer I'll throw carbed water on the other tap--- which takes a lot more pressure than beer.

I've toyed with the idea of making my own soda from time to time as well.

Beergun, the occasional quarter barrel of commercial beer or soda. And ultimately, if one regualtor fails, I can always put a splitter on the one till I can replace the borked one.

More is always better! I have two single stage regulators, but the one supplying the kegger feeds a soda line and two secondaries. The other is for portable use and puffing the kegs in the conditioning cabinet.

kornkob said:
Depends--- what are you trying to accomplish?

If you ever have beverages on tap that need different pressures you will need a dual regulator.

If you never think that will ever happen, then just get a manifold.

I suggest dual regulators, personally. More options.

I think corncob's suggestion of a manifold is good because it gives you more options down the road. Just put plug in the unused holes. It costs more than a Y or T . May fridge holds 3 cornies so I felt like that was a better option for me.

Your situation may vary.

Keep it simple... more stuff in the system = more stuff that can break. Try without the secondary regulator, and add it in later if you find that you need it.

Back