About to Bottle a Big Tripel - Repitch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalgayer

Reaction score
Hey All -

[1] I brewed a Belgian Tripel on March 13th that had an OG of 1.078 with the Wyeast Trappist High Gravity
[2] After two weeks (March 27th) it was stead at 1.010 at which point I racked to secondary.
[3] Next week I will be at ~2 months in secondary and I am looking to bottle.

After having a Dubel that has been in bottles for 1 month and still only about 1/2 way carbed... I am wondering...

Should I repitch some yeast?

If so... How?

Thanks

I would hydrate about 2 grams of US-05 in a 1/2 cup of water. Add that to bottling bucket with priming sugar and then bottle.

I did exactly that with my last tripel and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Glenn

Yeah, if you have some yeast handy, I would pitch more at bottling. Glenn came up with a good strain to use, but I haven't used it, so I can't comment on its alcohol tolerance (assuming its high, because he used it in a tripel). Be prepared for a long aging time, but it will be well worth the wait. Or, you could get another smack pack and add that.

I have some dry 05 and some harvest 1056.
Just looking for some tips - or other input - on how, when, how much etc. Just tips in general as this is not a common practice so the more input the better.

Latest posts

Back