Think you have it rough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's awesome...

we've got an old iron kettle you hang over an open fire pit for camping. it'll easily hold six or seven gallons of wort, so we are boiling up a batch this fall over a wood fire just for ****s and giggles.

I've always wanted to go camping and boil up some stew over a campfire. Somehow having a kid put an end to my camping, though.

A few issues ago in BYO there wass these articles on brewing with rocks. I thought it was real cool and want to try it some day.

alemonkey said:
Somehow having a kid put an end to my camping, though.

Did mine too...

Until my brother-in-law bought a 28' trailer and life was back on again. :rockin:

(and for those who say it's not camping in a trailer? I've slept on rocks in a tent, I've slept in the camper on a pullout... makes no diff, my back STILL feels like s#!*)

Keeps SWMBO happy and that's enuf for me thanks...

Ize

Awesome! I used to boil on charcoal, that boys and girls produces a ragging boil btw.

Alaska is America!That gal referred to litres and kilometers. Like the rest of the country,we measure in gals. and miles.As for the remote locale,it could easily be in Alaska.Great article though.

Pri.-Nut Brown Ale
Sec.1-O'fest
Sec.2-Yellow Dog Ale
Bottled/Aging-Trad.wheat
Really thinking hard about going all grain.

Onescalerguy said:
Alaska is America!That gal referred to litres and kilometers. Like the rest of the country,we measure in gals. and miles.As for the remote locale,it could easily be in Alaska.Great article though.

Yeah, or half a dozen places in Canada for that matter. But in Oz, they probably brew beer before hunting or farming. They seem to have there priorities straight.

Back