Toppling Goliath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite breweries. Can't wait to until they start bottling. I live in the Iowa City area and various places put on tap takeovers every couple months or so. I'm looking for a recipe similar to their Dorothy's right now!

Their beers are FANTASTIC and staff PHENOMENAL! I highly recommend all their IPAs and Stouts. Murphy's Irish Red is really, really good. If you are lucky enough to catch Naughty Temple when you are in the tap room, have a few. I can't say enough how lucky we are to have TG here in Decorah.:mug:

PseudoSue
Intergalactic Warrior
Millennium Falcon

All some of the best IPA's I've tasted! If you get the chance, try their beers! You won't be disappointed!

We are lucky enough to have a few bars locally that get kegs in frequently, but I can't wait until they get their new brewhouse online and start bottling and distributing.

They don't have tours yet. They are in the middle of brewery expansion...adding a 30bbl house adjacent to their current 10bbl house. They are hoping to have it operational around the first of the year. When it is complete, I believe they are going to have tours and a tasting room. Also with expansion comes a bottling line! Excellent for those who can't make it to our neck of the woods.

I walked all over downtown Iowa city looking for the intergalactic warrior. No luck, but did see a good number of TG taps.

I made a warrior/glacier/galaxy ipa that is only two weeks in the bottle and pretty great. It's filling the void until I can find more intergalactic warrior!

If you're ever in CR, check Parlor City or Bricks. They've had it quite a bit lately.

Toppling Goliath is my favorite brewery hands down (I'm an IPA guy). They have so many great IPA's. I'm from Iowa City and got a chance to go to the tap room when I was in Decorah for a wedding and got to try a lot of their beers. I think the Pseudo Sue is still my favorite but the Intergalactic Warrior was a hop heavy great beer. The beers are very well balanced. I am always trying to get people to try their beers because they say they don't like hoppy beer. When they try a Golden Nugget it's fun to watch the eyes open up. TG made me love craft beer and start brewing my own.

Possibly my favorite brewery around. I am working on a twisted galaxy clone. More to come on that...

TG just started canning Pompeii so it might be more widely available now, at least in Iowa. I haven't seen it in distro yet, but probably in the next week or two. Hopefully they start canning King Sue on the regular.

We're going to Decorah tomorrow - it's a 45 minute drive for us! Some business to attend to, then a stop at Toppling Goliath to start the evening's festivities. Then off for dinner at Rubaiyat (a very nice local restaurant, there are several in that town worth going to.) Also if you're ever there, check out Pulpit Rock just a few blocks away from TG - they are a smaller brewery with some very nice selections.

Looks like (according to the Find Our Beer feature on their website) it's as close as the Chicago area to you :)

And if you feel generous and kind to a fellow Brewer feel free to grab a Pompeii for me and maybe one of their double pale ales and I'll pay you through PayPal if you want to ship it to me LOL

And if you feel generous and kind to a fellow Brewer feel free to grab a Pompeii for me and maybe one of their double pale ales and I'll pay you through PayPal if you want to ship it to me LOL
Pompeii is AAALLLL Mosaic, and it's nice if you like that much Mosaic! We tend to like the Pseudo Sue (all Citra) a bit better.

I'd send you some, but Immafraid they wouldn't get that far....but if you're ever coming to Iowa PM me. It's really pretty up this neck of the woods (look up "Driftless Region".)

Citra hops work too... I don't think I've ever had a beer that's just mosaic hops. That's why I'm so curious about it LOL

I may just have to run to Illinois one weekend and see what I can find

I don't know if Illinois gets the Decorah-brewed TG, at least in cans. Up until a few months ago, all cans were brewed in FL. TG has since started making pseudoSue cans in Decorah and now is doing Pompeii. Any other cans right now are still brewed in FL, and I think only Iowa is getting the Decorah-brewed cans, at least for now. If you see cans, they will say "Brewed in Decorah" or "Brewed in Lakeland, FL" or something like that., so you will know where they were brewed.

Any bottle you see is from Decorah.

Their website says all the places you can buy their beer and I looked it up by my nephews zip code and there's a whole bunch of places in his town that carry it. So I'm just assuming that he'll be able to find it there but I guess I'll find out when he starts looking around

Back