This Picture will tell it all...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMann

Reaction score
At least i thought it was funny....:ban:

21.jpg

Is the second one from the left a Michelob "Micro brew"?

<shakes head>... for shame. That should be on the other side of the water. :D

I do so like me a cold PBR outta da fridge on a hot summer day....

Or fresh from the cooler whilst floating down the James in a tube. We had Miller Lite, Budweiser, Miller Chill (tried one, didn't taste like beer, tasted like Zima), but PBR was better'n all of 'em.

I do so like me a cold PBR outta da fridge on a hot summer day....

You know, I had my first PBR the other day!! This might sound strange to some, but it's not a very common or popular beer here on the left coast. I was walking through the grocery store, and noticed a giant 24oz can for $1.29. Even beer snobs have been known to harbor a sentimental fondness for it, so I grabbed a can.

Not bad! Not great....but not bad either. I could definitely taste the malt, and there might have even been a hint of hops in there. Beats the snot out of Bud, and I could certainly enjoy it on a hot day. I wouldn't let it warm up though...

One of my memories of a child dates back to when i was about 6 or 7. My dad would take me camping to this place on the Shenandoah River. The guy that owned the land, once a year would go somewhere, wish i knew where, and picked up a truck load of it for like 3 or 4 dollars a case. And when I say pickup I mean a 3/4 ton with a camper shell filled all the way to the top. Never will forget it. That was actually the first beer I ever drink. That's probally why I like it.

I gotta try a PBR, I always thought it was the same as a coor's or miller. I keep hearing real beer drinkers talking about how good it is. I need a cheap decent beer for hot days on the boat.

I had a few schlitzs this weekend for the first time and they tasted pretty good. I didn't realize it said "kiss of hops" or something like that on the can, I thought that was pretty funny since they are fairly hard to detect. By the way, SN Pale ale should be all the way on the left, shouldn't it?

Is the second one from the left a Michelob "Micro brew"? <shakes head>... for shame. That should be on the other side of the water.

Hey Now. I personally like and appreciate Michelob Honey Lager. It's so sickly sweet that after 4 of them, I'm ready to snarf, just as if I had 12 or so normal beers! Seriously though, it's not that bad. At least it has flavor in it, even if they had to resort to honey flavoring. Better than water.

Where'd we start talking about PBR? Oh well. I'll take ANY excuse to talk about PBR. I love it! :D

It's funny, I was reading the wiki on Pabst the other day... (long story how I got around to that, but oh well) ... here's an excerpt!
The beer is primarily known today as the choice beverage of the counter-culture. In 2002, after years of decline, sales of PBR skyrocketed in areas like Portland, Oregon, much to the confusion of company heads. As it turned out, its low price and gritty, urban image appealed to the city's thriving indie and hipster scenes, resuscitating the brand and lending it a great deal of trendy cachet. Despite their website featuring art competitions and photos of young people dressed in alternative fashions, Pabst has chosen not to fully embrace the counter-cultural label or appeal to it arguably because the very same "authenticity" that made it popular would be challenged by over-marketing. Instead, the company has opted for subtlety, finding clever ways to target its growing niche through the surreptitious sponsorship of indie music concerts, local businesses, dive bars, and radio programming such as NPR's All Things Considered.

Of course, right after that, they go on to talk about Old Style...
Old Style was first brewed in 1902 by the G. Heileman Brewing Company in La Crosse Wisconsin under the name Old Style Lager; it has since grown popular in Wisconsin, the Chicago metro area, Minnesota, eastern Iowa, Lincoln, and Southwestern Michigan.
Woo hoo! Lincoln is unique for something!!!!! We're on the map, even if it is for our fondness for sh!tty beers! :p

Latest posts

Back