Gravity higher on AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
First just wanted to say thank you to every one that has helped me out with my brewing issues. Seems I finally got my brewing technic and equipment down. JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION My FG was 1.042 and I got an OG 1.048 Does this just mean I got a better efficiency?Promash had an efficiency of 72%.

I think you are mixing up numbers. OG and FG usually refer to your fermentation gravity readings. Efficiency is measured before fermentation. Are you referring to your predicted OG vs your actual OG?

Oh sorry your right. I got I higher OG than expected.

Yup, that means you got a better efficiency. Once you get your numbers "dialed in" (and your brewing process) where you are getting consistent numbers, you can better adjust your recipes to be more "accurate" in your results.

Sometimes this will vary even in the recipe. At the brewery, our Stout always had a different efficiency than our other beers. Once you learn your system, you can better predict these numbers.

Yup, that means you got a better efficiency. Once you get your numbers "dialed in" (and your brewing process) where you are getting consistent numbers, you can better adjust your recipes to be more "accurate" in your results.

Sometimes this will vary even in the recipe. At the brewery, our Stout always had a different efficiency than our other beers. Once you learn your system, you can better predict these numbers.

Good advice! In other words, brew more!!!!! :D

By the way, Warped, it's great to "see" you again! I've missed you around here.

Back