What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from Against The Grain Brewery and Smokehouse. Had their IPA and IIPA and both were pretty good. Drinking a SN Torpedo at the moment.

Belma/2-row SMaSH

20130204_211300.jpg

Just finished a Westy 12°, and now hitting a dram of JW Double Black... I know what most (okay, all) of you think about JW Black but the Double Black is nothing like the regular.

20130204_203258_zps439e315f.jpg

It's sour, and it is a pleasant way to start my week. I have off on Friday, so I might be getting more of that Citra Bomb, more of that Lakefront Luther-Brewed-This-Rauchbier Rauchbier, and maybe something a little more porter-y, like a creamy porter.

Founder's Centennial IPA. I think this is my new favorite brew, and it sure doesn't hurt that I can use their bottles for my own beer after I'm done enjoying their deliciousness. Lots of good beer in Michigan.

Enjoying a 12oz pour of my mango wine to mourn the loss of my IIPA. Yeehaw! At 15% abv I won't care about much in about 30 mins

It's sour, and it is a pleasant way to start my week. I have off on Friday, so I might be getting more of that Citra Bomb, more of that Lakefront Luther-Brewed-This-Rauchbier Rauchbier, and maybe something a little more porter-y, like a creamy porter.

Gonna definately be trying it this week, im very fond of New Belgium and Vivant

So that collab is good? I've been tempted to buy it

I think it's more of a Biere de Mars than BdG, not very malty. I didn't find it sour, the orange peel is noticeable, but it's also been a few months since I drank it and it was after a few La Folie. It was good enough that I went and bought a 22 after I had a few on draft. Bottle art is cool. I'd put it in the top 20% of lips of faith releases.

Flat Earth's Belgian Pale Ale. I don't know what I like about Flat Earth so much. Maybe it's the atmosphere of the brewery, but these guys are on top of my list these days. They don't make the best brews on the market, but they have something that catches my eye.

This is decent, I love Duvel for it's dryness but this honestly needs to be a little sweeter. It's like Duvel with hops, but maybe even a little less estery. Basically, it is the driest IPA you will ever have. And I simply can't believe that it is 9.5% :drunk:

Which version? Haven't had the Citra, but had the older version (amarillo, saaz, dry hopped with sytrian?) recently and didn't like it at all. Duvel + Citra dryhop has been on my to brew list since batch 1, though!

My Rose Hip Saison.

Clone of / inspired by Anchorage Love Buzz or your own recipe / idea?

Coffee. I gotta leave for work in a little while. I have to go to work to get a break from the honey-do list:)

TNGabe said:
Which version? Haven't had the Citra, but had the older version (amarillo, saaz, dry hopped with sytrian?) recently and didn't like it at all. Duvel + Citra dryhop has been on my to brew list since batch 1, though!

Clone of / inspired by Anchorage Love Buzz or your own recipe / idea?

My own version.

Mmmm. So smooth. I was expecting it to be a lot more estery, but it's really malty and probably one of my new favorite Belgians

image-189372612.jpg

Flat Earth's Belgian Pale Ale. I don't know what I like about Flat Earth so much. Maybe it's the atmosphere of the brewery, but these guys are on top of my list these days. They don't make the best brews on the market, but they have something that catches my eye.

I think they make some damn solid brews. NW Passage is a great west coast IPA and I like that Belgian pale ale a lot. Cygnus X-1 is a great porter too. FE is no Steel Toe, but definitely one of the better bottled nanos around here.

TNGabe said:
This was the Citra one.

I think they make some damn solid brews. NW Passage is a great west coast IPA and I like that Belgian pale ale a lot. Cygnus X-1 is a great porter too. FE is no Steel Toe, but definitely one of the better bottled nanos around here.

Cygnus X-1 is a good porter. I like the winter warlock. The black helicopter coffee stout is coming soon, I haven't had that one yet. I agree definitely no Steel Toe. Flat Earth is a little bit more accessible though. I love me some Steel Toe, just wish I didn't have to travel at least 30 minutes to get some.

Homebrewed dubbel with home made invert sugar (took a couple of hours!)

Pretty good apart from a bit hot after a slight underpitch with rochefort yeast

Back