Can you buy malted sorghum anywhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I don't have an oven at my house so I need to be able to purchase everything needed to make a GF beer. It doesn't have to be fancy. I have a friend that is gluten intolerant and I told him we'd try to make a GF beer. If anyone has any quazi easy recipes feel free to post those as well.

Look through the Gluten Free Brewing thread and you'll likely find some recipes in the posts. I've yet to taste mine but if it's good I'll post it. You can also check the Gluten-Free Brewers group, I am almost positive there are some recipes there.

As for buying malted sorghum- we're all trying to figure that out, for now I am going to take a stab at malting my own.

Good luck.

If you want to use sorghum, you might have to use the malted extract. I brewed a batch a while back for a friend. It turned out OK. If I couldn't have barley it would due.

Back