My Pumpkin wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnagy

Reaction score
WTF happen to it
winemaking004zd1.jpg

I racked it the other day and it was still fermenting. I wanted to get the raisins off was the reason racking it and it was on day 5. Lastnight it was still fermenting done some reading on it ans stirred it. Tonight i open the door to my closet and BAM!

Well, it looks like you put pumpkin in it. :D

Is it suppose to look like that? I strained it through a nylon micron filter bag and there was no pulp. UNLESS.. When I racked off the raisins it I didn't strain it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLmzlThzj4s]YouTube - wine making 005.avi[/ame]

So your saying that you have already racked the wine off the pumpkin, and that mass formed in the liquid only?

It may be a krausen from the yeast and fermentation. It doesn't look like any kind of infection I have seen. I would say just give it some time and see what happens.

Craig

So your saying that you have already racked the wine off the pumpkin, and that mass formed in the liquid only?

It may be a krausen from the yeast and fermentation. It doesn't look like any kind of infection I have seen. I would say just give it some time and see what happens.

Craig

yes it did

I wonder if it got some sort of wild yeast in it, and started fermenting again, and formed some sort of weird krausen going on.

I second CB's opinion, let it go and see what happens. Maybe add a blow off tube judging from what seems to be happening. Keep us posted.

So far:
I added pectic enzyme (it wasn't on a recipe but I was told to do so) and it it all dropped to the bottom and I left it sit for a couple days longer and racked it and topped it off.

Back