wyeast 1762 (rochefort) for belgian tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea93

Reaction score
hi!
I'm going to brew a belgian tripel and a belgian dark strong ale in sequence. Since I'd like to use only one yeast strain for both beers, I'm looking for a yeast that suits both styles. I've already brewed a nice belgian tripel with wyeast3787 so I'd excluded it.
My idea is to use rochefort strain but I don't know if it works in a belgian tripel, any experience? do you think another strain is more suitable to brew these two styles (perhaps Achouffe wyeast 3522)?

The rochefort strain is pretty mild in lighter beers with a sort of subtle but complex prune-y ester and a little spice. I made a blonde with it which was nice-- not a my first choice of a strain for the style, but it certainly was easy drinking. It is my favorite strain for a quad though, it goes well with dark candi syrup and beers ive made with it have aged well.

Back