3.3 cu ft frigidaire kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xalwine

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I looked around and I couldn't find any info on my fridge on the forums or the interwebz. So I decided to just make it and post the results.

image-957505256.jpg

Here she is. She's a single keg and co2 tank kegerator. I had to remove all of the plastic from the door and cover it with a thick black plastic. ( heavy duty trash bag) and then attach the magnetic strip with silicone adhesive. Also the freezer tray doesn't require line bending. They are loose and can be secured with tape.

image-1650852346.jpg

After I got that straightened out it was a simple task of finding out if there were any lines in the top. I used a hole saw with the pilot drill removed and went slow till I got through from inside. after I got through I picked away at the foam until I saw metal. No lines in the top!

image-622928549.jpg

So I drilled through the rest of the way and installed the tower.

image-1182600671.jpg

After I got that in it was as simple as putting it back together and plugging it in!

But I took it one step further. I painted the door with chalkboard paint and now I can write whatever is on tap and all of the info! I wish I had more build photos but I was so sure I'd drill through a line and bugger the whole project. So these will have to do!

image-3273132768.jpg

image-3711736337.jpg

image-4234699447.jpg

This is needed to keep it level so the door closes.

This is really cool! I've been looking for a kegerator, and I've been intimidated by the prospect of doing a conversion like this.

You made it look pretty simple and straightforward, though, so I'm going to give it a try.

Great idea on the chalkboard paint, too.

It may be the tiniest kegerator I've ever seen, but whatever served the beer cold, amirite. Congrats on the build, I bet you're a happy guy. :mug:

I just bought a keg kit this Monday for my birthday. I've got a Sanyo 3.6 cuft fridge in my basement which I may try to convert now that I have seen this post. Did you tape the evaporator to the back of the fridge?

Hey, I was looking into a 3.3 system. Do you think this could fit a 3 gallon keg as well?

Back