yuech

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jock90

Reaction score
hope that gives you an idea of the taste. bottled 18 litres of mixed apple cider today it tastes awful, fermentation stopped 4 weeks ago so thought id give it a try ,I think I will try it once a month to see if it matures to taste. hope its not the last bottle that tastes ok.

can I add sugar now if so how much? I think perhaps the apples I used were not right for cider it tastes quite acidic but smells great. if the acid taste can be altered I would give it a try, otherwise I will put it all away and wait till springtime.

jock90 said:
can I add sugar now if so how much? I think perhaps the apples I used were not right for cider it tastes quite acidic but smells great. if the acid taste can be altered I would give it a try, otherwise I will put it all away and wait till springtime.
If you've already bottled them I wouldn't add sugar now. Opening them up will risk bacterial infection and you could also create bottle bombs if you aren't careful. Just age it - It'll taste much better in 6 months time.

Back