New Belgium Hoptober golden ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup i had it right when it was released and have to agree it is a good beer. Were lucky here in Fort Collins and can get it on tap about anywhere. If you liked hoptober and you can get Odell Brewing St. Lupulin i highly recommend it, it has become my favorite local beer.

Waz Up Keokuker!!! :D

I drank a sixer of this last weekend. It was good. I could drink it all night.

I imagine they have it at my ol' downtown bar in Des Moines. The Bait Shop.

Any bar that carries the NB seasonal will have it on tap now. Last week I was drinking Skinny Dip. I like that a lot too. Have to wait until next year...:(

The hoptober is great. I'm really not a big fan of most of NB's beer, but this one is good.

Im lucky here If I can find guinness or bass on tap. Yep got me a sixer after work and before I knew what happend it was gone. I love there 1554 but this is a great card nite beer. I realy liked the use of hops in it

Gotta love the smell of fresh hops when you dig your nose into one of 'em!!! The wife and I had a few Saturday morning, in lieu of coffee....wish I didn't have to drive exactly 50.0 miles to get some more!!!!

OK - Ate about a half link of Pella Bologna with some Leine Octoberfest.

Need another beer... Done with the bologna tonight. :mug:

Im from a town in California call Kingsburg it was sweedville looked like pella with the dollahorses and windmills

Waz Up Keokuker!!! :D

I drank a sixer of this last weekend. It was good. I could drink it all night.

Any bar that carries the NB seasonal will have it on tap now. Last week I was drinking Skinny Dip. I like that a lot too. Have to wait until next year...:(

It's on tap at Old Chicago at Merle Hay. Haven't checked El Bait Shop yet but I'm sure they have it. This is probably my favorite NB beer. I also like Mighty Arrow. The other beers of theirs I could take or leave.

Schlenkerla said:
they have it in Ames at cyclone liquor, but not at any bar/grocery store that I've seen yet, but I haven't been to D.G.'s, old chicago, or any decent bar around here too recently. been broke. :X

and i'd agree, this and mighty are my faves, i could drink a 1554 every now and again, but the rest is so-so.

I like 1554, have not tried hoptober yet. Even though most would be against it I like 1554 better out out the bottle than a glass. Just have to warm it up to like 55 deg and it is really good.

I tried hoptober last week and I thought it was decent. Being 8.99 a six pack here for NB, I don't feel like I would invest in it again.... come on 2 below!!!

They have it on tap at El Bait Shop, been on for about 2 weeks now. I have had about 7-8 pints so far. I love it. I also blew through 2 sixers in the last couple weeks. It is really great. I only wonder what it would be like with a different yeast that NB nutty yeast they use. Maybe great, might suck... Clone recipe anyone?

I like 1554, have not tried hoptober yet. Even though most would be against it I like 1554 better out out the bottle than a glass. Just have to warm it up to like 55 deg and it is really good.

You hit the nail on the head much better at room temp than cold.

Back