No homebrew books!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
I am going to be on a 6 hour flight on tuesday and wanted something to read. I went to the book store, Barnes and Nobles, and they only had 1 book on brewing! I wanted to get either Palmers, or Pazians book, but nothing. I was very surprised. They had nothing in the hobby section, this was found in the wine section of books. Very upset. The last book store i went to, not here, they had a ton of books and about 10 different kinds of magazines on beer. I can not even get a magazine on my favorite pet because they are illegal here. What am i suppose to read? "In the case of a water landing, your seat can be used as a flotation device". Ya, right! That is only a bobber until the sharks come!

I am scared to fly, and especially over water. But have to do it, flying from Hawaii back to Phoenix to live. Wish me luck!

Do you have an MP3 player? If you do, I'd load that puppy up with Brewing Network podcasts. Then you just turn it up, close your eyes and go to your happy place... your brewhaus!

If it isn't too late, you might be able to find a brewing magazine at Borders or Barnes & Noble. At least around here Borders seems to have a huge magazine section, but I've never actually checked for brew mags there. But I swear they have the strangest things like 'Obscure Argentinian Pets Monthly' (Yes, I made that up); they might have BYO.

the only way i can make it through flying is with a bunch of sudoku puzzles, or anything of similar challenge depending on your particular mental capacity.

well think of it this way, if you havent been good and the plane crashes you might end up in hell, and if the flight goes good, you WILL end up in hell, it was 114 degrees yesterday... welcome to Phoenix!

The B&N by me has Brewing Classic Styles and maybe another homebrewing book or two, then a few Michael Jacksons and Ambitious Brew by Maureen Ogle. I finished Hops & Glory on my way back from Chicago, but you have to order that online in the States. I agree that podcasts may be the way to go, but I'm a BBR man (and also you won't be able to have them on during takeoff/landing).

Well, I hope you had a good flight home, the LHBS on Oahu does have a few books and magazines for the die hards who are paper bound, but usually he refers people to online sources first.
The podcast idea sounds good, I think I may break down and finally get a portable mp3 player.

Back