Where do you buy your labels from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
I'm going to start labeling my Christmas IPA in the next few weeks. I've seen many "standard" labels from Avery, Staples, etc. I'd really like to get a nice beer label to show off this brew. It would be even better if the labeling works with most printers for templates...

Thanks!

I believe most people print them on standard paper (not inkjet, it will run) and then brush them on with a bit of milk.

Kinkos will do color laser prints for cheap, pack a bunch on one sheet of 8.5x11. Cut them out and lightly brush some milk on the backside like glue. It's enough of a bond to hold, but will come off with warm water (unlike stickers, huge plus!).

I would imagine the sticker paper would be nice if you do one or two batches with it, but prohibitively expensive as a long term deal.

Avery labels - I forget the number, but there's six to a page - work like the dickens for bottle labels. You can make semi-nice labels in Microsuck Word, using a document template you'll find under 'Envelopes and Labels'.

The two caveats are, as Kilgore noted, expense; and they're a cast-iron ***** to remove. If you're going to recycle or toss the bottles, fugeddaboudit, but if you're taking the bottles back home, I'd give the sticky labels a miss and use the paper-and-milk method.

Bob

Back