fall spiced cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corvato

Reaction score
still working on my 1st MAJOR batch of cider.

wondering being it will be done around halloween, i want to spice up some of my bottles, but no the whole batch.

I am using 750 mL bottles mostly to bottle my cider, and am thinking can i just put in a cinnimon stick, a few cloves, and maby some who allspice directly into the bottle before filling? will a few weeks of these whole spices in the bottle give me the desired "spiced cider" flavors?

Instead of adding the spices directly to the bottles here's my suggestion; take 2 cloves, a stick of cinnamon, and a few allspice "berries" (I'd probably add a bit of nutmeg too, but that's just me) and put them into a 12oz bottle filled 3/4 of the way with vodka. Cap then leave in a dark place for 1-2 weeks. When you're bottling, add a tsp per bottle of the infused vodka per bottle (about, it depends on how you like it, I suggest getting some commercial hard cider and experiment adding amounts of the infusion into it untill you reach the desired amount of spicyness) then bottle with priming sugar like normal. Good luck, and don't overdo it with the cloves, thoes things are way more powerful than you think.

Back