Flying Saucer about to open in Kansas City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foppa78

Reaction score
I think this place is just about to open here in KC. What can you guys tell me about this place? I have heard some good things about their beer selection. What have your experiences been? Do they also do food?

When I lived in San Antonio, we would go every Wednesday night for buy the beer keep the glass night. Their nacho's were tasty and their beer selection is huge. Plus the waitresses weren't too hard on the eyes either.

I love the place. Its a great bar with a great beer selection.. Also the waitress outfits are awesome.:D Food is pretty good. It is a little expensive unless you go on pint night, which I believe is Monday. If you join the UFO club you get a card, that you scan every time and it tracks your beers, when you have tried 200 different beers you get a plate with your name on it.. Only thing is you only get to add 3 beers each day.. You also get a shirt with a membership. I still like Gingerman better, but flying saucer is my second fav. beer bar.

Flying Saucer has excellent food and a great beer selection, as previously noted.

However, it may just be a case of our bible-belt-centric selling laws that severely affect TN distribution, but there isn't a beer on the Flying Saucer menu that I can't buy at the store down the street for half as much as at the Saucer.

That's my only gripe, but it's distribution, not Saucer's fault.

My friend just got back from texas for some training and he went there for dinner 4 nights in a row..all he talked about when he got back was this place, sounds awsome, wish they had them up here

It looks as if they list all the beers for each location on their web site. I hope they update it soon for KC so I can see what all they are going to have there. I am looking forward to checking this place out.

Enjoyed this beer pub in Ft Worth -- a lot. When it opened in North Austin earlier this year, even though I'm far south Austin, I began the pilgrimmage. Fantastic place. Lines are always clean, beer is always fresh and a fantastic variety. Even though they don't brew their own, the available selection satisfies all palates.

The staff is better educated than a lot of beer pubs I've been to and they are efficient. Make an effort to know them, the managers, and the GM because you'll find that the service they offer is tops. I'm a hophead and enjoy the citrus flavor imparted by semcoe ... a la 471 or Hercules (and have to give props to 75th street for their brew!) I talked up one beer that we cannot get in Austin, Russian River's Pliny the Elder, and I was floored when the GM made a special request to his supply chain to get us a keg!

Head bartender from Austin, Sam, is helping Matt to open the KC place (I only know it's first or second week of May). Drop by and say hi to Sam and Matt from me, Buck. Here's location info:

AREA: Near Downtown/Conv Center
URL: http://www.beerknurd.com
PHONE: 816.221-1900
ADDRESS: 101 E 13th St. Kansas City, MO 64105
EMAIL: [email protected]
PRICING: Under $10
HOURS: Open 11am-2am Mon.-Sat., noon-midnight Sun. $

Back