Adding yeast help ?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratfink559

Reaction score
Brewing first batch when and at what temp should we add yeast its the one in test tubes from my local HBS using grain and extract mix ?

Did you do a full or partial boil? After your boil let the wort cool to about 70 and then move to your fermenter. If you have a wort chiller this will speed up the process, otherwise put the kettle in an ice bath. When it gets to 70 degrees or below put the yeast in (the vile should've been out of the fridge for some hours by now) and then aerate it by mixing with your sanitized brew spoon, or put the lid on and with a sanitized thumb covering the whole, shake it. Airlock it and let it sit in a dark place! Welcome to the obsession and good luck! When I started brewing, this forum was the biggest help I had, keep coming back and you'll learn lots

You should've been adding them at intervals during the boil according to the recipe. If your working from a kit, use the instructions included.

Just starting tonite trying to figure all this out sorry if im being a bug just not sure if the guy at the store said last 5 of boil for hopps or just are coriander and orange peel ?

Just starting tonite trying to figure all this out sorry if im being a bug just not sure if the guy at the store said last 5 of boil for hopps or just are coriander and orange peel ?

Sounds like you have your hands full. I suggest 20 minutes left on boil if you aren't sure. Or you could toss them in after turning off the heat.

At the very least you will have a bittering hops that will be boild around 60 mins. Aroma and flavor hops will be added at different times anywhere from 30 mins to flameout..

Back