time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild

Yes, it is Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild. Good beer, although I like plain old Little Sumpin' Sumpin' better.

Here are your hint explanations:

Getting trapped anywhere with a brew always leads to a wild time! = "Trapped" and "wild" were nods to the Westmalle (trappist) yeast with which this beer is fermented and the Little Sumpin Wild name, repectively.

A little column A, a little column B, add a little something else and then I think you'll see. = In the two preceding guesses, TooDogly had guessed a hoppy west coast brew (column A), and MrFeltimo guessed a Trappist beer (column B). Add a little something (the name, Little Sumpin) and you've got it.

Photo on 10-30-14 at 8.36 PM #2.jpg

I love Little Sumpin' Wild. A lot of people I know don't like the lingering aftertaste but I don't mind. :mug:

Happy Halloween everyone! This is what I'm drinking tonight, can you guess what it is? Brewery and style please.

IMG_0814.jpg

The first thing I thought was Little sumpin sumpin, and then thought, no can't be. (guessing game fail).
Over thinking I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nope not those.

This beer is great:
usually I notice the aroma if it's predominately abundant.

This beer is great:
Usually I can not get this beer around here in Oregon, my parents brought this back for me. Well into their cross country road trip, they made an impromptu detour to this brewery, picked up this beer and a few others as well. Any beer lover worth their salt should know of this brewery.

First is easy: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Second is simple: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 20, 34, 38.

Great divide Hercules double ipa? No clue what those numbers mean...

Uinta Detour Double IPA!

We have a winner!!!

Hint explainations:
In the first hint I said "usually I notice the aroma if it's predominately abundant" take the first letter from each word and you get "UINTA IIPA"
In the second hint I mentioned the words detour (name of the beer) and salt (nudge towards salt lake city) I also gave a code representing words numbered from the start of a sentence in each hint, take the first letter of those words and it spells out "UINTA IIPA" again. Lastly, MrFeltimo guessed Epic amber ale, which was pretty close because Epic is based in Salt Lake City like Uinta is. So I gave the final hint, take the first letter of each word again and you get "SALT LAKE CITY UTAH" (I threw in the Kiwi and australia referrences just for fun because I found out yesterday that there is a brewery in NZ named Epic too!)

IMG_0806.jpg

Well done Toodogly, wow that was hard, i was looking at all the letters/numbers from the clue on that post, but had no idea.
Well done chocotaco

Well done Toodogly, wow that was hard, i was looking at all the letters/numbers from the clue on that post, but had no idea.
Well done chocotaco

Yeah, apologies for the crypitc hints. It's hard to think of hints for an IPA that doesn't just give it away imediately. Also, sorry if the IIPA threw anyone off, I'm not sure what the difference is between DIPA and IIPA anyway.

BTW, at 9.5% that beer really kickstarted my halloween night! :tank:

No, I put it in the first hint so I thought I should put it in the second hint just for continuity. I should have left it out all together.

Woo hoo! I have my mojo back!

The Salt Lake City Utah hint was the one I cracked. It was the first hint where I noticed that it must be code because it was complete gibberish, once I realized that then the first letter of each word wasn't hard to figure out. Only brewery I know of there is Uinta - logged onto their website and saw they have a beer called "detour" which corresponded to a casual reference in a previous hint. At that point it was pretty clear that that was the one, especially because IPA was pegged as "on the right track" earlier.

I'm surprised MrFeltimo didn't get it, unless you guys are colluding to hand me a win so I feel better about myself :mug:

I'll post one soon.

Yeah I knew it all along,
Glad to see you got your mojo back choco.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here's the next one, fine brewers!

In keeping with the recent trend, I'm going to ask for the specific brewery and beer. Therefore, I will start with a hint.

This beer comes from a relatively national microbrewery. I know for a fact you can get this beer on the West coast and in the mid-west; not sure about the East coast but I imagine it's available there as well.

This beer is not available year-round. I got it on tap today, at a restaurant in my current hometown.

20141104_133229.jpg

Daisy Cutter was going to be my guess, too. Guess if that's it, I'm too late! I've got a few of those in the fridge right now.

I'll just say this right now, consider it a hint if you like: It is not from Green Flash. Personally I don't really enjoy Green Flash beers all that much (though I might have to give them another chance; maybe Alpine taught them a thing or two when GF was doing their contract brewing)

Back