What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you added the chlorine to them yet? ;)

No. It didnt work out last time I did not add it to this beer so hopefully these beers will turn out good. Im still excited for my sour. Once its carbed ill give you a bottle. Its so good lol

Well done Dustin.

Finishing up my saison brett with some sourdough and Rogue River Blue.

Thank you lol. Brewed a hefe and coffee stout for the Renaissance fest next month. Got a trash can keggerator and we are getting smashed :cheers:

Thanks, now i'm very hungry. Your own sourdough?

Well duh! ;)

I'd hate to borrow a million plus bucks and end up looking at spreadsheets all day instead of actually brewing. Looks like I'm never going pro. Hah.

Drinking my Petite Saison, then probably going to bed.

I'd hate to borrow a million dollars period.

Need to get you some of Victor's cave aged blue. Every wheel is different. Seriously artisinal. Good stuff.

It was something my wife brought home because she is freaking awesome. I do hate to see real cheese saran wrapped in the store. I love some of the stuff I can get atthe market from Oak Moon, Ziegenwald, and Three Graces, but of course I'd love to try Victor's. When I walked through your kitchen I did almost do a double take when I saw someone prepping cheese. I could probably live off cheese, beer, and bread. Maybe not long and not without some serious veggie/fruit cravings, but I'd give it a go. Which reminds me, I've got figs to eat. Visous cycle.

Brown Shugga. Gonna need a case this year. Hot mess when it's new, but it's just getting good and I think it could got he distance.

So we went to see "the sights" of OKC tonight. I Cindy know there were sights to see here. Wasn't that bad though. We hit up Bricktown and took a ride on the canal then hit up a BBQ joint. Lots of nightlife and bands playing outside! Pretty cool place if you're not traversing the place with three guys old enough to be my father. Everything was too loud and they were ready for bed. At 8pm. So. I'm back at the apt enjoying the fook out of this brew while I watch Margin Call.

image-4011115676.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
No. It didnt work out last time I did not add it to this beer so hopefully these beers will turn out good. Im still excited for my sour. Once its carbed ill give you a bottle. Its so good lol

Can't wait to try it.

Talk about sweet heat. This and a Chicago style hotdog for a late night snack.

image-3354707296.jpg

Attachments

• image-2628010882.jpg
    image-2628010882.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 63
Nightshade said:
I have been anxious to brew a habanero beer for a while now. Whats the verdict on it?

I like it, but the more I sip it the hotter it gets. Deffinately a sipping beer, too sweet to take more then a little bit at a time. Im really digging it.

I like it, but the more I sip it the hotter it gets. Deffinately a sipping beer, too sweet to take more then a little bit at a time. Im really digging it.

I have one in the fridge. Ill get to it tomorrow or some time next week. I'm tired. Double brew takes it out of you especially when you do all the work

DisturbdChemist said:
I have one in the fridge. Ill get to it tomorrow or some time next week. I'm tired. Double brew takes it out of you especially when you do all the work

Well I took a long nap this afternoon. Chaulking the keezer and drinking. Can't even taste the 10% alcohol. Let me know what you think when you finally get around to it. Tomorrow is gonna be Take The Black Stout by Ommegang.

Well I took a long nap this afternoon. Chaulking the keezer and drinking. Can't even taste the 10% alcohol. Let me know what you think when you finally get around to it. Tomorrow is gonna be Take The Black Stout by Ommegang.

I will and let me know about that one. I picked up a bottle of that too

Anchorage brewing company galaxy IPA.
"Ale brewed with galaxy hops, coriander, kumquats, and peppercorns. Fermented and aged in French oak foudres with a wit yeast. Dry hopped with galaxy hops. Bottle conditioned with Brett and wine yeast"

Wow.

JTTX80 said:
Take The Black Stout
Wish I could get it here in Arkansas. I really wanted to try those Game of Thrones beers

image.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
I will and let me know about that one. I picked up a bottle of that too

We pretty much picked up the same beers didn't we? Resin, Sick in the head, Ommegang, and the founders.

grayhalladay said:
Anchorage brewing company galaxy IPA.
"Ale brewed with galaxy hops, coriander, kumquats, and peppercorns. Fermented and aged in French oak foudres with a wit yeast. Dry hopped with galaxy hops. Bottle conditioned with Brett and wine yeast"

Wow.

Wish I could get it here in Arkansas. I really wanted to try those Game of Thrones beers

I got the Iron Throne when it came out. I buy at least 2, one to drink and the other to cellar.

I got the Iron Throne when it came out. I buy at least 2, one to drink and the other to cellar.

Good plan. Ltd beers like that are so great. I had a Sierra Nevada X Dogfish head Life and Limb 2 I bought and cellard for 10 months, excellent beer after.

I'm going to drive around on my next day off and see if I can find a take the black but, if you want, I'd love to work out a trade if I can't find it.

Been up since 5 playing captain homesteader.. Just getting the second batch of grape jelly processed and moving out to the apple orchard next.

Sampled some "Apple pie- a la mason jar" around 8. To keep me warm of course!

image-1270114594.jpg

image-1353552623.jpg

Been up since 5 playing captain homesteader.. Just getting the second batch of grape jelly processed and moving out to the apple orchard next.

Sampled some "Apple pie- a la mason jar" around 8. To keep me warm of course!

Yum. I got a couple pounds of dead ripe concords at the market yesterday, but just for eating. Nightime temps have been low 50s and I see mid 40s coming up, so that means the end of tomato season, but also $8 boxes of romas here. Going to try and put up 80 qts this year.

On the coff while strike water heats.

Whatcha brewin today Nuke?

Morning trio here: water, tea, and emergenC.

nukebrewer said:
Mint chocolate chip stout

Sounds interesting. Sweet? Dry? Imperial?

You using real nibs and mint? Sounds like it could be fun to brew..and drink of course. Good brewing man. I'm drinking water after a good amount of beer last night. Working another 24 today. I've been here way too much lately.

You using real nibs and mint? Sounds like it could be fun to brew..and drink of course. Good brewing man. I'm drinking water after a good amount of beer last night. Working another 24 today. I've been here way too much lately.

It's a sweet stout that somewhere between a normal sweet and an imperial. It's a little bigger than a regular stout but not quite imperial. I'm using cocoa powder and fresh mint.

Try not to work too hard, haha, but glad you got to drank some beerses last night.

It's a sweet stout that somewhere between a normal sweet and an imperial. It's a little bigger than a regular stout but not quite imperial. I'm using cocoa powder and fresh mint.

Try not to work too hard, haha, but glad you got to drank some beerses last night.

nukebrewer said:

Yea man thanks. Ill do my best. Enjoy the brew day. We gotta get another swap going after a few more brews get into the pipeline.

:mug:

Yea man thanks. Ill do my best. Enjoy the brew day. We gotta get another swap going after a few more brews get into the pipeline.

:mug:

Word. I just bottled my single hop El Dorado IPA on Wednesday, I've got an imperial pumpkin that should be ready to bottle in a couple weeks and once this one is done I'll have three new beers for you to try. Unfortunately I am nearly out of the Rye, Aye Captain and Legacy of Vienna so I won't be able to send repeats of that.

Drinking more coffee while my brew mashes. Was shooting for 156 F, got 154 F because I accidentally let the strike water cool about a degree too much after pre-heating the mash tun. Then I had bless around with grain 'cause it dough balling like crazy so that accounts for the other degree. Still happy since at 154 F I'll still get a sufficiently full bodied beer.

Hop Hazard, i like this place, they're moving i hope they don't f it up

Coffee and just relaxing for a bit. I think today I'll bottle my pomegranate saison, clean the three cases of bottle I have soaking and then get the rest of the empties soaking. Of course that's a losing proposition since there always seems to be one more bottle ;)

Back