To all the Artists and Graphic Designers...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRoyLenz

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm working on developing some branding and labels for my next batch, and I think I've decided on a name for my work. The problem is, I'm neither an artist, nor a graphic designer by any means. I downloaded Inkscape, spent a few hours with the tutorials and dinking around a little bit, and came up with something better than I ever thought I could make, but not up to my standards. Take a look at what I have so far.

MeniacalJester_complete2_500.png

I challenge those minds more creative than my own to help me evolve this logo in to a less "amateur" look. I'm going for, obviously, a maniacal, devious looking clown or jester. I haven't decided if I want to go for the kind of campy look (think Joker "Jack Nicholson" from Batman - 1989) or really creepy look (think Joker "Heath Ledger" from The Dark Knight).

If you guys could give me your thoughts and notes on this, and if you're feeling motivated (or bored) enough, post a quick mock-up of your ideas.

Any comments, either positive, or constructively negative are very welcome. Thanks!

Wow, that's pretty great. Where did you find that image? Please don't tell me you developed the image from scratch in the last hour, that won't do much for my self-esteem :cross:. I like that font too. I have a very similar font to that, and I was debating between that, and what I ended up using, but given the context, I think yours looks better in your logo.

The googles are strong....

I found the image on google image search and converted it to a vector image. Font is called Bleeding Cowboy. I can email you the inkscape file if you want. PM me you email addy.

Back