Tonight I make it skin deep!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruckin78

Reaction score
Well, tonight I am going to make my love for home brew and beer skin deep! I my tattoo artist and I have came up with a sweet back piece.

It's going to be my brew keggel on it's burner, with a thermometer and hydrometer cross below it, (think skull and cross bones), with hop vines growing over everything. Then above the tattoo it says "Homebrewed In" then below "Kentucky" (I am from Kentucky and bleed UK blue!!) kind of circling around the whole thing like top and bottom rockers on a motorcycle vest.

Pics to come...

Well I've been thinking about getting my first tattoo for a few years now (just haven't ever settled on 'the first thing'.
Think you could do that on an arm (deltoid) ? I live in the Tampa area (Dover to be precise) in Florida, and certainly wouldn't mind wondering up your way! Sure like the sound of what you have planned and it would be an excellent way to broadcast my love for brewing! Maybe a couple of grains could be added to the pic?

Looks pretty good. Maybe he can tweak the angle of the end letters on the top line.

Looks like you did that in Word Arm in MS Word, yeah? MS Word mangles arc'd fonts.

I dig it!

Well I've been thinking about getting my first tattoo for a few years now (just haven't ever settled on 'the first thing'.
Think you could do that on an arm (deltoid) ? I live in the Tampa area (Dover to be precise) in Florida, and certainly wouldn't mind wondering up your way! Sure like the sound of what you have planned and it would be an excellent way to broadcast my love for brewing! Maybe a couple of grains could be added to the pic?

I dont see why it couldn't be done on an arm....i'm getting mine done on my back....probably 12" by 12"

COme by and hang out in the bar sometime....We can have a beer or brew a batch!

If everything goes according to plan, I will be in the chair by 6p and should take 2-4 hours....so pics by tomorrow shouldn't be an issue.

will def. look forward to 'em! SWMBO asked me why I didn't just have a local guy do it -my response was "but babe! This dude is ALSO a BREWER! Its not just a tat, its a matter of PRIDE!
Without doubt, yours will be my first. More I think about the idea, the more I like it.
Figure the wife and I could make it a 'get away' trip for a couple of days (now and then its good to just go somewhere for yourselves, after all) and possibly spend some time in Monticello on the way to wherever we're going, get inked and have a few rounds with a fellow brewer.. I do like the idea. ANYWAY, out hunting lease is actually just outside of Jasper. One way or other we will figure something out.

I didn't get to make the chair last night....Might not make it until Tuesday. I have to run to ATL for the weekend, and i'm brewing Monday.....

NightBiker, I'm not a tattoo artist you know? I have an artis locally that is doing the tattoo....but my guy could get you in i'm sure.

will def. look forward to 'em! SWMBO asked me why I didn't just have a local guy do it -my response was "but babe! This dude is ALSO a BREWER! Its not just a tat, its a matter of PRIDE!
Without doubt, yours will be my first. More I think about the idea, the more I like it.
Figure the wife and I could make it a 'get away' trip for a couple of days (now and then its good to just go somewhere for yourselves, after all) and possibly spend some time in Monticello on the way to wherever we're going, get inked and have a few rounds with a fellow brewer.. I do like the idea. ANYWAY, out hunting lease is actually just outside of Jasper. One way or other we will figure something out.

Why do you want to get this guys tattoo? Isn't part of the point of a tattoo, the original art and individuality of the piece. Do what you want, but do you really want to get someone elses tattoo?

Why do you want to get this guys tattoo? Isn't part of the point of a tattoo, the original art and individuality of the piece. Do what you want, but do you really want to get someone elses tattoo?

There will be some of my own touches in it, but I submit that none are completely original -the tattoo artist is an artist in the truest sense of the word -some of these guys do amazing work -for my part, I have the creativity of a gnat. I'd like something that kind of showcases that which I hold dear (and brewing is something I hold dear -just as many other homebrewers do).

This will be cool to see. Personally, i'd leave out the text. I was never a big fan of text in tattoos, but that's just me. I think your idea alone would speak for itself. Still, a badass idea nonetheless. Can't wait to see it!

Back