Pond Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhucks7

Reaction score
Ok i am in a bind here. I have a small fish pond in my back yard. Its about 7' across and maybe 3' deep with a dual waterfall. The problem is that in the last year i have had 2 different pumps in this thing and both of them have pooped out on me. Anyone else out there have this problem? Or if anyone knows a REALLY good submersible pump that i could get i would be forever in your debt. Or maybe just for a little while :mug:

thanks
SD

sdhucks7 said:
Ok i am in a bind here. I have a small fish pond in my back yard. Its about 7' across and maybe 3' deep with a dual waterfall. The problem is that in the last year i have had 2 different pumps in this thing and both of them have pooped out on me. Anyone else out there have this problem? Or if anyone knows a REALLY good submersible pump that i could get i would be forever in your debt. Or maybe just for a little while :mug:

thanks
SD

I've gone through 3 pumps in the last 4 years.
The first 2 burned out when a damn raccoon came over and knocked over the fountain "spitter", which caused all the water to flow out of the pond and into the surrounding area. Which was good for the flowers around the pond, but not the koi inside the pond.

I grabbed a bilge pump from my shop and used that without fail...
Find a local marina or marine service center and check into a 1500gph bilge pump.
Depending on where the water is being pumped to.. If you use a waterfall, or multiple fountains, go with the 1500. If you're just using a single tower or a small spitter, you can probably go smaller)..

Good luck!

Back