Good deal or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizardofza

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Need opinions from the experts here. I've been lurking on craigslist looking for a chest freezer, so I need an opinion on whether or not this is something I should jump on. I emailed asking for the age since the description isn't all that great.

I was thinking of offering this guy $85.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fur/457845482.html

Thoughts?

Thanks!

That's a good size one. I'd get a measurement of the depth of the box (not the total height), unless you're planning on adding a collar. For $85, it seems like a good deal if it runs well.

I have a 12.x cf one that I got off craiglist for $70 that looks about like that, but a touch smaller. Mine runs fine and was worth every penny (plus a few more) as far as I'm concerned. I second the idea of finding out if you'll need to build a collar, but mine is smaller and has plenty of room without one for ball lock cornies, 6.5 gal carboys w/airlocks, etc...so I'd bet you'll be just fine.

I just got a response from the guy. It's 8 years old. Is that too old to bother with?

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated.

Na, they last forever. I have a fridge from my starter marriage that is 25 years old. It is my current kegerator.

Haha. I emailed him an offer of $85 and he's yet to respond. He's responded almost immediately to my previous emails....

Maybe I went too low. :)

be sure to have him plug it in before you go to see it. That way it has time to chill out and show you it actualy works

They agreed to take $90! I pick it up tomorrow.

Can't wait to start my conversion project.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Back