Thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
Going to be brewing a kit from Austin home brew supply I am think about the West Coast Pale Ale mini mash wondering have people had success with this kit? Do you need to modify any of the hop addition I have a bunch of different hops if I need to do so just wondering does any one know the bitterness level of this beer and if it need to be boosted for a hop head? Also if you have a kit form austin that you just have to suggest it is not set in stone that I am doing the west coast pale ale.

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

If you already have a good supply of various hops, you might as well find a good recipe (HBT has a Recipes section), buy the fermentables and yeast for that recipe, and use the hops you already have. Kits are great when you don't have or don't want to have an inventory of ingredients sitting around.

AHS kits are virtually sure to make a great beer with the ingredients provided as long as the ferment is clean, strong, and controlled. You can re-brew and tweak the recipe to your liking from there, but it's always advisable to start with the standard recipe for the first go of it.

Latest posts

Back