Has anyone ever used Pasteur Champagne Yeast (Red Star)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckarsanac

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to make my first mead this weekend (?next weekend) and picked up some of this yeast. I did a quick search, but didn't find much here. Maybe I just missed it. Thanks for the info!

I don't know what type of honey I'm using yet. There is a store with local TN honey, but it isn't open today. (I live in Nashville)

I've used red star champagne, not Pasteur, and loved it. If you are unsure, make a little starter in some orange juice and give it a couple hours at room temp to give it a running start, then dump it in. You will not even taste the OJ and you'll get some much needed acidity from it.

I'm going to make my first mead this weekend (?next weekend) and picked up some of this yeast. I did a quick search, but didn't find much here. Maybe I just missed it. Thanks for the info!

I don't know what type of honey I'm using yet. There is a store with local TN honey, but it isn't open today. (I live in Nashville)

Yup and it works great! Just make sure to use enough packets! Last mead i did was 18lbs of honey for a 5 gallon batch, and i used 5 packets of this yeast to make sure i had enough of a cell count, but then again i get it for .79 each. Make sure to use an Acid Blend and Yeast Nutrient per the package instructions! Leaving this out is a common mistake.I always use both Plus i also use yeast energizer as well, never had a mead stall on me and always comes out tasting great!

hey this is my first attempt at trying to make a hard lemonade and the fermentation process seems to be taking a lot longer than I had expected . it's been 2 days since I pitched my east and I'm just now starting to get a couple little bubbles in there . I only used 1 pack of Red Star Pasteur yeast. not sure if that was enough . I'm also fermenting at temperature of 78 degrees . not sure if this is going correct any help would be appreciated thanks

hey this is my first attempt at trying to make a hard lemonade and the fermentation process seems to be taking a lot longer than I had expected . it's been 2 days since I pitched my east and I'm just now starting to get a couple little bubbles in there . I only used 1 pack of Red Star Pasteur yeast. not sure if that was enough . I'm also fermenting at temperature of 78 degrees . not sure if this is going correct any help would be appreciated thanks

You probably should have started another thread instead of resurrecting an old one.

Edit - Never mind... you did. :)

Back