bayou classic 30 qt - not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbeer

Reaction score
It appears my "30 qt" bayou classic aluminum turkey fryer pot is only 26 qt (6.5 gal), tops. Has anyone else noticed this?
dirk

well, i am wondering if i'm just loosing my mind ... but the pot is a perfect cylinder, as far as I can tell, and has a mark at 3 gallons. Twice the height to 3 gallons is at the very most a half gallon shy of the top edge.

I guess their markings could be off, I'll double check again before I think about returning it.

Dirk

Consider where that thing was made and I'm betting the marks are off (Mexico or China probably). I think I have that same one and I recall measuring and noticing that they were off. I don't use it anymore so can't tell you total volume

I have a Bayou Classic Turkey fryer w/ "30 qt" aluminum pot too. Mine holds just barely 7 gal (28 qt). I measured with a 1 gal marked pitcher I have as well as 7 gal of bottled water, and they both come right up to the brim. I was a little pissed, but I got a great deal on it so I just said to hell with it. You certainly should not trust the marks on the kettle, mine are way off.

Dustin_J said:
I have a Bayou Classic Turkey fryer w/ "30 qt" aluminum pot too. Mine holds just barely 7 gal (28 qt). I measured with a 1 gal marked pitcher I have as well as 7 gal of bottled water, and they both come right up to the brim. I was a little pissed, but I got a great deal on it so I just said to hell with it. You certainly should not trust the marks on the kettle, mine are way off.

I would be writing the company.

Back