Herms & PID Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malonja

Reaction score
I'm looking into upgrading/automating my brewery. I'm going to put in a HERMS system, using a copper coil in my HLT to controll my Mash Temp. Although I eventually will want to include electic heat into my brewery...for now I will be sticking to automating the mash and heating HLT and BK with my existing propane burners.

Nevertheless, I want to get temp readings (via temp probes in MT) feed to my PID Temp Controller. I want the PID Temp Controller directing the pump to turn on as well as opening a seleniod valve to open leading to the coils in the HLT...depending on temp in MT and temp setting on the controller.

My issue is that I am certainly not an electrician, computer/gadget guy..... Would the PID temp contoller linked below be sufficient?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-PID-Tempe...6QQihZ005QQcategoryZ50926QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If so/not, what types of things should I look for in my PID Temp contoller?

thanks

Back