What is the difference between these Stout Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYB

Reaction score
So I have been looking around for Stout faucets for when I get the money (and fridge) to put together a kegerator, and have come across 2 main faucets, and I usually find one or the other on each website. However, BeverageFactory has them both, and labels one as "Economy" and the other as "Premium". Is one really better than the other? I like the SS tip that is on the economy (doesn't really make sense, the premium has a plastic tip), and they have a slightly different design. Are the mechanics any different? Does anyone know for sure? I'd like to get the best parts for my setup. Thanks.

Guinness Stout Beer Faucet - Stainless Steel | BeverageFactory.com
tn375_mm-jesf-4120108092920.jpg

Economy Guinness Stout Beer Faucet - Chrome-Plated | BeverageFactory.com
tn375_td-sf2001120108111925.jpg

umm.. One's chrome plated, one is stainless steel. I'd much rather have the stainless faucet in contact with beer than the chrome plated.

Either will work properly. The stainless faucet might stay better looking/nicer as it ages than the chrome faucet.

I did notice that, but wasn't sure if they were different in any other way. I knew SS was obviously better, but it didn't really click how much better it would be. I do wish it had a SS tip, but it's no big deal. Ok thanks, nevermind, now I feel dumb for posting this, hah. Carry on.

Back