Sanke keg as a 10 gallon fermenter??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemaboot

Reaction score
I have access to two Sanke kegs. I am building a single tier system right now for ten gallon batches. I want to know if any one has used a keg as a fermenter and what needs to be done to convert it?? thanks.

Thanks for the tip. I never thought about carboy caps.:rockin: When I took the stem out of my others, and had the tops cut out, each keg had a brown residue on the inside that I had to soak(oxyclean) and scrub vigorously! What is the best way to get them clean since I won't be able to get inside and scrub them?? I am already contemplating putting legs and a dump valve on them. Have you ever seen a set up like that??

yes, the cap fits right on top of the keg, it might be a little snug but should work just fine.

as far as cleaning the kegs, I usually just soak them in PBW for a day or so then rinse and sanitize. If i feel that they are still not clean, i take them to the car wash and spray them out there.

Back