Cream of 3 Crops help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPveritasGold

Reaction score
Hello all. A buddy of mine is having a party soon, and he wants me to brew up some beer for it. I won't be able to brew until next Saturday which is exactly 4 weeks before the party. I want to brew the famous "Cream of 3 Crops" cream ale and want to know what the best yeast would be to ensure a fast and complete fermentation in less than two weeks. I don't have legging equipment yet, so I have to bottle, and I want to give it a full two weeks to carbonate and then cool it for a few days before the party. Thanks!

S05 should work fine for this! Should be able to ferment that one out in 10 days maybe less. Bottle ASAP. Only need to chill down the night before. Want to make sure to have at least two weeks for bottle condition slash carb time

I agree. You should be able to get them in bottles in less than 2 weeks. Maybe as little as 7-10 days. Watch for the end of fermentation take a gravity reading, Wait a day then take another. If the readings are the same, bottle ASAP to give them as long as you can to carbonate.

Nottingham. I'd suggest fermenting around 61-62°... it'll surely be done in ~10 days (much earlier probably) and floccs out hard.

I just did up a pair of fermenters of this about a month ago, both using US05 at about 62F. I gave them a full 14 days, but they were really done probably closer to 10-12.

Has anyone brewed this beer with s05 for one batch and then notty for another batch? What is the flavor difference between the two for this beer?

Back