Beer-centric Dinner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
So this past weekend family came into town for my daughter's 3rd birthday. They are very interested in my new found hobby and, obviously, are always wanting to see what I come up with next. Seeing as I was sitting on a bunch of homebrew and it's my future aspiration to start a brew-pub, I made this dinner where all three courses were cooked with and paired with a single homebrew.

Appetizer:

Wit-poached Orange Roughy that was then seared with an orange zest/corriander dusting. Served atop field greens with a wit-orange vinaigrette. Topped with wit-battered and fried leeks.

IMG_1124.JPG

Main Course:

Carbonades Flamandes served with home-made baguette and pomme frittes (not shown). This is a traditional Belgian-beef stew. I used my American Brown. I'll post the recipe later.

IMG_1128.JPG

Dessert:

Chocolate Stout Bread Pudding. I used my Oatmeal Stout (no chocolate in the beer itself) and used it along with cream, eggs, homemade sweet rolls, chocolate, and sugar. This turned out a tad bitter, but paired with some simple vanilla ice-cream wasn't half-bad.

IMG_1132.JPG

Sorry for the bad pictures, but my camera sucks.

Cook with beer!

Back