Compact 30 chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demus

Reaction score
Has anyone used the "Compact 30 plate wort chiller" available on the Austin Homebrew website? There's no other brand information than that. It claims to be 70% more efficient than the Shirron and costs the same ($100). Living in Florida my water isn't that cold so the more efficient the better, but I don't want to drop $200 on the Blichman. Anyone?

I think they are just like the Duda Diesel plate chillers that many around here use. I use the 30 plate Duda Diesel with garden hose fittings and I love it.

With one pass of Colorado water I can cool from boiling to 62 degrees. I brewed a pilsner the other day and was able to cool the wort down to 48 degrees for pitching without any other chilling.

I know that will not be as easy in Florida, but with a pre-chiller it should be doable.

Chromados

Thanks! Where'd you get your Duda? Is it available on line? Orlando is pretty weak on home brew shops...

Wow, good prices too. Lot's to choose from. I usually only brew 6 gallon batches but with Florida water I need the most efficiency I can get...

Back