Super Quick Leftovers batch.....need help quick!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
So my girlfriend is studying with a friend.....I'm at home....TIME TO BREW!

I'm going to whip up a 3 gal batch but need some help on what hops to use

So i've got 2lb of 2row 1 can of Muntons Wheat LME

and I've got these hops on hand

.5oz Fuggle
.5oz EKG
.5oz Hallertaure
.75oz Galena

I'm mashing the 2row right now and I'm going to add the LME at the last 15min

Got any ideas??

Thanks!

I vote Hallertauer. half ounce should be good for this "half" batch if you get the boil time right. It'll be kind of a hefeweizen anyway, assuming you're going to use hefe yeast like WLP300.

You could bitter with the Fuggle/EKG and do 1/4 at 15 and 1/4 at flameout with Hallertauer.

well all was said and done at about 11 last night

I used US-56 for the first time

I used .25 EKG for bittering and .5 Fuggles for last 15min

It's bubbling away!

Kinda funny how this happend....My girlfriend left to go study and i was sitting around being bored...had a beer....decided to brew

Went through my inventory and screwed around with recipator a bit

She came home and was like "your brewing AGAIN!?"......yeah, I got bored!

I'm dreading summer bc I'm not going to be able to brew any beer! I got into this game too late....I'll start brewing a batch every 2 weeks or so in September to get a good stock pile and stop in april or may I guess

maybe I can make a lot of apfelwein durring the summer.....the monostrat yeast says it'll be fine up to 85

cause it's hot as hell down here man!

plus I can't afford to keep the AC on lower than 80 so we sweat.....it sucks

We switched to a new company thats cheaper so maybe....hopefully

-Being in college and making $7 an hr sucks-

BierMuncher said:
Fill that bath tub with cool water.

I have three kids in college doing the whole $7 an hour thing. Trust me, it sucks more for the parents...;)

haha I can imagine! I'm opeing a mutual fund as soon as I get my tax return back to try and save for the future....Got my eye on a couple better ones once this one accumulates some good money. My parents were REALLY bad with money (plus the divorce didn't help) so I'm trying to be as good about it as I can...(even though I owe a BUTTLOAD on my credit card :cross: )

Right now I'm doing the t-shirt thing bc the house is at 75....I've also got 4 fermenters going so I'd either have to buy more rubbermaid tub things or just start doing 1 batch at a time....which sucks bc I'm starting to get the bug and almost HAVE to brew once a week!

Thats what happend last night....I'd been brewing once a week then I didn't have anything planned for this week and I got the itch...

thats very true....although honestly I've never had any belgian beer (Although I'm doing a project on them for Multinational Managment) so I'll have to check some out

Hey BierMuncher what temp do you ferment your Blue Moon clone?

Latest posts

Back