What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2012 breakfast stout then KBS 2013. Both. Who loves me.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400382777.570275.jpg

Didn't think I'd get around to this tonight...but I got a small second wind. I was kind of excited to pick this up, but honestly, I think I like my hb Mocha Latte stout better. Bell's has a lower quality coffee flavor that's more bitter, in my opinion. It's drinkable, but my cold brewed Kona blend concentrate that I added at bottling is a better tasting, smoother, less bitter addition. Troeg Java Head is the benchmark, for me...so far.

DSC04725.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400383776.345893.jpg

Finishing off this nice DIPA by Port Brewing Co in San Marcos, CA. Drinks wayyy light for a Double. Really an effing fantastic beer.

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

2yr old Russian whiskey imperial stout I forgot I had and found a bottle in my closet! Badass stuff 11% abv

1400391106490.jpg

What a run. Looking at untappd. 14 drinks. Totally unlike me.

Slept like a baby.

Coff.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400416749.212738.jpg
Coffee in the garage waiting for strike water to heat so I can mash in on my attempt at fuzzy's hi nelson hibiscus saison. Subbing Sorachi Ace for the Nelson Sauvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Congrats on the baby.

Drinking coffee on the back patio while watching my dog do battle with her mortal enemy (a very large squirrel).

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

After getting 3 seriously infected bottles of Tanilla in a row (6 months apart) and a nasty email when I told them about it (which I posted on instagram and Reddit and got thousands of likes :)) I refuse to buy anything from Knee Deep.

I had a similar experience with flying dog. I bought single hopped Amarillo and it smelled and tasted like burning rubber since it was expensive(and I was half in the bag) I shot them an email. They werent rude but I felt the response was total BS.

-------- Original message --------
Date:05/04/2014 6:05 PM

Hey
Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry you were less than thrilled with The Amarillo Single Hop Imperial IPA. As you know hops are an agricultural product and vary from lot to lot. So the amarillos that you’re used to may be different from some others. They also differ from year to year based on the agricultural conditions to the hop farms. Every beer gets tasted and approved by our sensory team prior to packaging and again at different stages of aging. There were no noted signs of defects throughout each of the sensory analyses on the batch 224A14. Thanks for providing that date code. I hope you give another one of our single hop IPAs a try as they showcase the hops that we use in our other beers. They are also a good source of education as I can tell you appreciate. The next batch is citra, my favorite hop! That should hit the stores around June.

Cheers!
Ben Chambers Quality Manager

Amarillo is my favorite hop I use it all the time and while I agree they change a little from crop to crop as does any agricultural product it doesnt change from beautiful citrus to fire at the rubber plant. Total nonsense.

Is it your first, FermentNEthing? I remember bringing the first one home like it was yesterday. That was 10 years, two more kids and a dog ago. I honestly wonder what I did with all my free time before that day...

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

congrats on the baby girl FermentNEthing! Girls are such fun- I have two :)

drinking coffee. Feeding my son and then making my first all grain. Feeling really intimidated.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400420785.096703.jpg
Don't judge me in brew days and vacation days it's ok to drink before 10am. This is pretty good light, crisp and tart with a bit of that Belgian saison flavor and aroma

Back