What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hips Don't Lie... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394235635.330185.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

It's been to long since I've said this because I let my pipeline dry up. I'm drinking some fresh homebrew. It's a Citra/Cent/Nelson/Simcoe IPA.

HB IPA with my chili. Off topic, but we gave up meat for lent. Tonight we made the beer bean chili from thug kitchen. If you haven't heard of this site check it out. The recipes are incredibly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Having what wouldn't fit into the 1 gal carboy after racking my rhubarb mead from the primary bucket. A bit hot at 15.5%. Acid from the rhubarb probably doesn't help. Gonna let this sit a while before adding the vanilla bean.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394241092.717992.jpg

HB IPA with my chili. Off topic, but we gave up meat for lent. Tonight we made the beer bean chili from thug kitchen. If you haven't heard of this site check it out. The recipes are incredibly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That website is awesome, haha

Back from a week in STL, drinking homerbrew and deciding to skip the 500+ posts I missed...
View attachment 184331

I do that on a daily basis. people: if I have not responded to a question or comment, it's only because it was in one of 10-20 pages that happened while I was at work. ya bunch of lushes. which reminds me, time for another beer!

21A Brew Free or Die while waiting on some Portuguese chicken. Last time I had this a couple years ago it must have been a bad (or more likely very old) can. It's better this time. Still not all that amazing but passable.

1394242782745.jpg

My ginger brew now that the boil is underway.

The lacto starter seems to have already taken off, just grain and warm water after a few hours. Going to feed it with some wort that I took out before adding the first hop addition.

I'm soaking some oak in Jameson right now planing on using it in a stout, I may have to revisit your BS recipe.

I think it would be really good together, but they didnt let this sit long enough. They say they throw the firkins together a few weeks before which doesnt make sense if youre adding oak. The pumpkin is still the best firkin ive had from them, which is not at all a bad thing I guess haha

The lacto starter seems to have already taken off, just grain and warm water after a few hours. Going to feed it with some wort that I took out before adding the first hop addition.

I was very surprised how well the lacto starter worked. In the two days it was in my Gose alone, it made quite the krausen and had a lot of activity.

Tackling a sour huh? Hope it'll go well. Got 2 and going to have a 3rd going in a few weeks

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

I was very surprised how well the lacto starter worked. In the two days it was in my Gose alone, it made quite the krausen and had a lot of activity.

Yea, was going to ask you how it worked for you. Thinking about a gose too, but not going to be brewing it right away. Going to feed it, let it ferment out, strain it off the grain, then keep it in the fridge till I need it. Hopefully no more than a couple weeks...

Yea, was going to ask you how it worked for you. Thinking about a gose too, but not going to be brewing it right away. Going to feed it, let it ferment out, strain it off the grain, then keep it in the fridge till I need it. Hopefully no more than a couple weeks...

I read (and it may be wrong) to pitch the grains and all which is what I did. Also, make sure it doesnt have a vomit smell. IT will be different, but shouldnt smell terrible.

That's the plan. Want to do a quick one first before tackling something longer term.

I haven't soured mash. Just added the bugs and let it go. I did a one gallon batch and took about 9 months before I bottled. Best beer I made. Too bad I had so little so I stepped it up. Got a sour stout that is about ready right now.

UPS is F-n slow. Deliver my beer now!!!!

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

I haven't soured mash. Just added the bugs and let it go. I did a one gallon batch and took about 9 months before I bottled. Best beer I made. Too bad I had so little so I stepped it up. Got a sour stout that is about ready right now.

Not planning to sour mash, but rather mash and boil as usual, then pitch the lacto first and let it go for a couple days, then pitch sacch.

Fins, that's what you did too, ya? You taste it before pitching the sacch?

Back