First lesson learned

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distrex

Reaction score
Well i just learned one of my first lessons when actually brewing your own beer not from a kit. When you add your bittering hops in the wort boils up, alot. Oh P.S. for those of you who don't know yet (I'm sure everyone already does) that stuff is REALLY sticky. 1 lesson down, 2000 to go.

That's a good idea, didn't even think of that. I just kinda went "oh ****!" Watched it spill over and turned off the heat.

Lol. Good to know i'm not the only one out there getting wort all over the place

I use a gas stove so I just slide it off the burner a bit. You can slowly move it back over the flame once it drops...and lower the flame a bit.

Sometimes I'll boil it while half the pot is not directly over the flame until it subsides. :D

I have a gas stove (currently still doing partial boils so it works) and when I add anything, I shut off the heat.

I'm using a little electric stove in my apartment so i don't have to much room to work with. The only reason it boiled over cause the pot was to little. I just dumped it into a pot about twice as high and it was fine. I'll definitly use that water bottle method till i get a nicer stove.

Back