Cider Adjuncts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa512

Reaction score
So in a couple of weeks I am going to be bottling my Apfelwein. I was wondering what kind of adjuncts you guys have experimented with. Obviously all of these adjuncts would be added when bottling, since the fermentation is already over with. I was thinking of experimenting a couple bottles with caramel, some with honey, some with some spices....what else has worked for you?

Watch your gravity when doing this as you'll end up making bottle bombs if you're not careful. Have you made apfelwein before or was this your first time? If it's your first I'd recommend just sticking to the recipe and see how you like it, otherwise let us know what you use and how it turns out....keeping in mind that apfelwein peeks about a year after bottling.

hey this is my first time making it. I think I may play it safe and not do anything this time. I started the apfelwein on April 11, 2009. It looks clear to me now, but everyone on here says to just let it sit and don't touch it. So, the longer I wait the better it will taste. I am dying to try some it looks so good. I am however a very patient man so if I have to wait even a couple more months I am fine as long as it will taste better in the long run.

Back