Improper Jealousy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
I know it's terrible, but my brother just got laid of, and I'm actually jealous. That's f'ed up, right? To put some perspective on it, he has several options, but has enough capital to survive for a little over a year if necessary, so he's taking a couple months off before actively seeking another job.

I just can't believe I'm jealous of someone who lost their job! :cross:

I know it's terrible, but my brother just got laid of, and I'm actually jealous. That's f'ed up, right? To put some perspective on it, he has several options, but has enough capital to survive for a little over a year if necessary, so he's taking a couple months off before actively seeking another job.

I just can't believe I'm jealous of someone who lost their job! :cross:

You're not jealous of someone losing their job. You're jealous of someone getting to take a couple months off work and being financially ok.

I think we are all jealous of that :mug: Although with this market, I think I'd start looking after a week or two. I've got friends who have looking almost a year. The jobs just aren't there.

You're not jealous of someone losing their job. You're jealous of someone getting to take a couple months off work and being financially ok.

I think we are all jealous of that :mug: Although with this market, I think I'd start looking after a week or two. I've got friends who have looking almost a year. The jobs just aren't there.

He lives in AK, and apparently in his field (electrical engineering) there's more people hiring than applying right now. I guess his particular company is looking to pull out of the state eventually.

I would be good-to-go for about 6 months...wonder what I could do to piss off my boss? :D Just kidding. I would never put my family in that position. Oh yeah, he's also single/no kids which makes the situation even less crazy.

In any case, I'm hoping I might get to see him during his "vacation", it's been a few years.
:mug:

Back