impatient but good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
I have been sampleing my pale ale, and it has only been in a bottle for one week today. I should be patient or it is going to be all gone. How do you cut back on the sediment in the bottles, is this just the name of the game or is there a trick that will not sacrafice taste. My room mate put one in the freezer to chill and rested it on its side rousing all the sediment ( mostly yeast? or what?) it was still good just a little cloudy and had a bitter bite which I cant complain about. Any Ideas?

Allowing sediment to settle in the fermenter for a little longer and then carefully racking it off the sediment into your bottling bucket will help. Second, don't flash chill the bottles for sampling.. You really should let them carb and then leave them in the fridge for two days or so. The yeast will pack into the bottom of the bottle better allowing for a yeast free pour. The bitter bite is just young beer. Wait.

You should try your best(I used to be the same way) to wait at least two weeks to taste the beer, and a full three to begin drinking it regularly. You will get to the end of this batch and think, I wish I had all the beer because NOW it tastes amazing! As far as yeast in the bottle, let the beer sit in primary like ten days, then when you siphon to the secondary be EXTRA careful not to suck up any of the yeast cake. A secondary is key to clear beer with minimal sediment. Again, when you siphon to bottle, stay away from the yeast in the secondary, maybe even leave alittle more than you would. Sediment to some degree is unavoidable but it can be reduced.

Latest posts

Back