Short Video of My First Use of The Barley Crusher Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
Brew day yesterday and got to use my Motorized Barley Crusher for the first time. I also jumped on the wet milling band wagon and could definitely see a difference in the crush from when I first used it with the drill and no conditioning..

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah definitely check out that link AZ IPA posted.. pretty much just mist 3 to 5 oz (depending on the amount of grain you have) of water on the grain, mix it up, wait a while and mill !!

btw, some say after you spray it to wait 10 or 15 minutes, some say hours, some say a day so that's up in the air to me ??

More power to you man, to me it seems like a little too much work... but of course now that I know about wet milling I just might have to try it...!

yeah definitely check out that link AZ IPA posted.. pretty much just mist 3 to 5 oz (depending on the amount of grain you have) of water on the grain, mix it up, wait a while and mill !!

btw, some say after you spray it to wait 10 or 15 minutes, some say hours, some say a day so that's up in the air to me ??

I have conditioned the grain the day before milling, and I've conditioned the grain 10-20 minutes before grinding. Both methods had a great success and fluffy grain. If you're worried about using conditioned grain on your rollers (if you have normal steel rollers), then it would be best to condition the day before to minimize the risk of water on the mill.

Back