Denny's 1450 at 68?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiggarsbrewery

Reaction score
Hello,

Great Forum! I am brewing a holiday/spiced ale for Christmas. I am using Wyeast 1450. I've read Denny and others talk about fermenting at 62ish and then raising the temp. I have a swamp cooler and I cannot get the temperature below 68. How will this affect my beer?

Also attached is a pic of my swamp cooler. Am I doing something wrong? I was hoping for more than a 2-4 degree drop in temperature.
25ugyg7.jpg

Thanks!

Jason

It's in my bedroom. We run the AC at 74-75ish. I live in Georgia, so outside humidity is always ridiculous. Inside, it feels comfortable.

I scrounged a dorm fridge that fits a carboy once I pulled the panel off of the door, with a johnson controller I can maintain my target temps no problem now, before that with the AZ heat brewing in the summer was quite difficult. 118° outside and comfortable a/c inside is 80-85° fermenting at 65-68° was quite an undertaking!

Back