Fastest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwmgdman

Reaction score
I decided to put this here because why not.

What's the fastest you've had a beer carbonate in bottles (with no infection!)?

.........more homebrew to drink..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

uwmgdman said:
I decided to put this here because why not.

What's the fastest you've had a beer carbonate in bottles (with no infection!)?

.........more homebrew to drink..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I watched Dude put some priming tabs into bottles, and they carbed like a mofo in about 1 second. All over the floor, too. :D

9 or 10 days. it might have been faster than that, but that was the first bottle I opened for testing.

normally, it's 2.5 weeks or so.

-walker

I so want to try my currently bottled beer, but I know it won't be ready or even close, but it tasted so good when I bottled Sunday........better than the batch I'm drinking that's been in bottles for 6 weeks or so

uwmgdman said:
I so want to try my currently bottled beer, but I know it won't be ready or even close, but it tasted so good when I bottled Sunday........better than the batch I'm drinking that's been in bottles for 6 weeks or so

so open one and try it! you've got more...

I'm happy with 10 days in the bottle. I've tried some of mine after 5 and there are some bubbles but it's still too flat for my taste.

My first real batch, Hoppy Wheat Eruption (the name describes what happened in the carboy) went into bottles after one week and was nicely carbonated by the next week. I used Grolsh bottles, and I had this thick white layer of yeast that was reminiscent of a certain scene from "American Pie"

I always crack one after 7 days, and I'm always disappointed that it's not carbonated and it has all sorts of weird flavors. Then, a week later, it's perfect.

Back