New to brewin' in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishIwereDrunk

Reaction score
Hey Yall, I'm looing to get started home brewing real soon. Right now I'm trying to figure out what supplies I need to buy and where I should get them from. Seems like Mr. Beer is the beginners bit and some don't think it's all that. So I guess I'm looking at the next step up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to reading and posting here more.

- Irish

find your local homebrew shop in your area and go talk to them. They can set you up with a nice beginner kit. No need to start on Mr. Beer.

Right now I'm staying in Greensboro. Just found out about a homebrew supply store not too far from the house. Gonna go check them out tomorrow.

Hey,

I work in Greensboro. They do have a Home Brew supply store there. I've only been in a couple of times. Nice place. A little pricey on some things IMO. But, it's very convenient.

There is also a Homebrewing club in Greensboro. I'm not a member yet. But they do have a website that you can check out. Battleground Brewers Guild

Good Luck

Stopped by the store today and picked up everything I needed, minus the kettle and spoon. Got the kettle from Target and ended up having to go back to the HBS after they closed to get the spoon! The guy running the place was really great and met me over there so I could get started tonight.

It's on the stove right now and I'm checking on it about every 2 minutes, lol.

Wish me luck!

Back