Found these cool stubby bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
I should say that my brew partner's father-in-law found them. He picked up 10 cases of old Rainier and Olympia Beer 11 oz. stubbies at a garage sale for $1.00 a case.

As soon as I saw them, I knew I needed to use them for my Berliner Weisse.

Here's the result.
Berliner Weisse 001.jpg

Berliner Weisse 006.jpg

The bottles on the left are the Olympia and Rainier is on the right. They are slightly different but both hold 11 fl.oz.

I was going for the look of the original Berliner Kindl Weisse bottle.
BKW.jpg

I also managed to get 4 standard 12 oz. bottles that I'll hold on to for the NHC.

Those bottles are awesome. Like the labels too, remind me of like a 50's or 60's classic.

:mug: Reminds me of high school and cases of Oly stubbies, man did I ever consume a hell of a lot of those. Cases were $4.99 for 24:tank: :drunk:

VB, Bud, Tooheys New, MGD, XXXX, Fosters............ its all crap.

But the point is... the bottles are similar I think. Don't know about the capacity though... I don't do ounces.

Ooooooo I love stubbies! They're so hard to find around here, except for frickin $8-a-sixer Red Stripe. I wish Full Sail's Session Lager had crown caps instead of twistoffs....

EvilTOJ said:
Ooooooo I love stubbies! They're so hard to find around here, except for frickin $8-a-sixer Red Stripe. I wish Full Sail's Session Lager had crown caps instead of twistoffs....

I saw a thread not too long ago that said you could use twistoffs if you have a bench capper.

Latest posts

Back