Temp recording probe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt3989

Reaction score
Okay, does anyone know of a cheapish temperature probe that either has a data logger attached (preferred), or that I can connect to a computer. I'd like to use a thermowell to monitor temperature over time both inside the fermenter and outside the vessel.

I don't plan on this really improving my brewing, I'd just to see the info for my own curiosity. And so I can measure the thermo conductivity of the carboy, and the amount of heat produced by the yeast.

Yeah, thanks! Something that doesn't need a computer to be hooked to it at all times would be preferred, but i can make that work with an old laptop if i don't find anything else reasonable.

Yeah, thanks! Something that doesn't need a computer to be hooked to it at all times would be preferred, but i can make that work with an old laptop if i don't find anything else reasonable.

Those exist too, though they're quite a bit more expensive. Just search for "temperature logger" and you'll have a dozen different options.

Thanks!i looked at that one last night actually, I've used sensors by vernier before and they have been quality products. But i wasn't sure about that free lite version of their software. Good to know though.

if you don't mind buildng one from scratch,I have a project out at http://diybrewery.com

It is based on a Netduino Plus and provides a web based interface to view the data. Construction is pretty simple.

Hope it helps

That's perfect, thanks a lot. I'll build it in the next couple of weeks.

Back