Austin Home Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMckeever

Reaction score
I'm about to start a brew kit I ordered from them, and I chose to get the 1% alchohal boost. I'm assuming it goes into the boil, but it doesn't say when. Do you guys have any experiance with this?

Yes I have used it before its kind of a crystal type sugar. I put it in at the last 15 minutes of the boil. I think regular corn sugar is easier to use IMHO. I love that store very good people to deal with and how can you beat $5.99 shipping!

awesome. thanks for the reply! yea i absolutely love them. they have fast shipping, and pretty good prices on all their stuff.

My kit said to put it in with the LME so that's what I did. It took a long time to get it dissolved. It was a pain in the ass really. It kind of sucks because I have a stuck fermentation that isn't restarting so I don't even really get the benifit of the alc. boost..oh well, it still tastes good!

Dan

Back