Looking for a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
Anyone have a good recipe for a Celebration Clone? We aren't AG yet, but steeping grains is fine. I found one from AHB but was hoping to get one today or tomorrow for this weekends brew session. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks! :mug:

I was under the impression that Celebrations ale's big thing was being brewed with fresh "wet" hops. Did this recipe turn out well? Close to the real thing? Thats some darn good beer, this would be a fun one to try.

Sierra Nevada's website lays out the malt and hop types.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/celebrationale.html

They don't give details, but I'd start with something like this off the top of my head:

7# Pale extract
0.5# Crystal 60 (steeping)

1 oz Chinook @ 60 mins
0.5 oz Cascade @ 10 mins
0.5 oz Centennial @ 10 mins
0.5 oz Cascade @ 0 mins
0.5 oz Centennial @ 0 mins
0.5 oz Cascade dry hop 7-10 days
0.5 oz Centennial dry hop 7-10 days

Ferment at 67º with SafAle US-05, 21 days in primary
Rack to secondary and dry hop

Use a recipe calculator to dial in the gravity and IBUs. Summit and Amarillo might make decent substitutes if you can't find enough Chinook, Cascade, or Centennial.

Boerderij Kabouter said:
I was under the impression that Celebrations ale's big thing was being brewed with fresh "wet" hops. Did this recipe turn out well? Close to the real thing? Thats some darn good beer, this would be a fun one to try.

you are thinking of the Harvest Ale!

Dude said:
Searching roolz. You should try it.

Actually I did a lot of searching and came up with many recipes, all of which varied a good bit. Thats the reason for the thread...

If I'm not mistaken, this is a place to discuss homebrewing; I also understand its NOT a place to flog every person that asks a question.

i've made an extract Celebration clone several times with very good results. I got the recipe from the BYO clone magazine... as best as I recall it is as follows:

5.5 lbs pale DME
2 lbs 2-row
1 lb Crystal 35
.5 lbs Carapils

Steep grains @154 for 45 minutes

1 oz chinook @ 60
1.5 oz Cascade @ 30
.5 oz Cascade @15
tsp Irish Moss @ 15

Dry hop with .66 oz of both cascade and Centennial

I noticed that both times I brewed this, the bitterness was there, but the hops flavor was not quite as prevelant as I had noticed in the real version. So, you might want to to delay the cascade hop additions to a little later in the boil or add some at flame out...

Hope this is helpful

Wahoo Wheat said:
i've made an extract Celebration clone several times with very good results. I got the recipe from the BYO clone magazine... as best as I recall it is as follows:

5.5 lbs pale DME
2 lbs 2-row
1 lb Crystal 35
.5 lbs Carapils

Steep grains @154 for 45 minutes

1 oz chinook @ 60
1.5 oz Cascade @ 30
.5 oz Cascade @15
tsp Irish Moss @ 15

Dry hop with .66 oz of both cascade and Centennial

I noticed that both times I brewed this, the bitterness was there, but the hops flavor was not quite as prevelant as I had noticed in the real version. So, you might want to to delay the cascade hop additions to a little later in the boil or add some at flame out...

Hope this is helpful

Wow, that sounds great...thanks:ban:

Picked up the ingredients for the SNCA tonight. I will post once we get all our hop conversions made... Due to the shortage, our LHBS did not have the AA% that we were looking for based of the recipe.

Anyone have a good link for AA% vs. weight conversions?

Back